Saturday, January 10, 2009

Current WIP - Ruffle Scarf Pattern

.


It's so undulating!

I found this lovely wool, hand-painted yarn and got a free pattern for the scarf at a LYS after I saw their sample scarf. I thought it was such a lovely pattern, very organic, and in colors of blue and green would be very aquatic. It's a hard scarf to 'model' so please excuse the pics.


I'm probably going to use the whole skein, which I believe is over 400 yards. I just think it looks nicer the more that can be left draped across the torso. The pattern uses a lot of yarn, of course, with all the ruffles. What I had not known until I got this pattern is that you could make ruffles so easily while knitting. I always thought of ruffles as a crocheting possibility but not with knitting.


Here is the pattern.

Ruffle Scarf
Materials 350 yards of yarn
Needles: size depends on yarn of choice. Choose one size larger than what the yarn calls for.
Directions: Cast on 20 stitches.
Row 1: Knit 8 stitches, turn.
Row 2: Knit 8 stitches, turn.
Row 3: Knit 6 stitches, turn.
Row 4: Knit 6 stitches, turn.
Row 5: Knit 4 stitches, turn.
Row 6: Knit 4 stitches, turn.
Row 7: Knit all 20 stitches.
Repeat rows 1-7.
Save enough yarn at the end to bind off.


That's it! Easy peasy.

And here is Mr. Biddles on the computer. Literally.


And my latest favorite pic of him. Ehhhn.

2 comments:

  1. Love this scarf!! Thanks for posting the pattern. Can I ask what weight the yarn was that you used?

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ela
    Gosh I'm so sorry I didn't see your comment sooner- I have not been blogging for quite some time.
    I can tell you it was 8 oz weight. I did not use the whole skein after all, btw.
    Thank you for your interest!

    ReplyDelete