Thursday, April 10, 2008

Washie Wash and WIP

My current WIP is going to be a baby's hat. I am using a lovely naturally-dyed organic cotton yarn by Mirasol called Sampa. I like crocheting (and knitting) in the round but I am having some tricky moments with the 'ruffle' factor and the 'beanie' factor. I've been adjusting as I go. I'm not using a pattern for this so wish me luck! I'm using some guidelines by the wonderful "yarn harlot" Stephanie Pearl-McPhee in her book "Knitting Rules".

My last project was 4 dishcloths/washcloths for part of a housewarming gift for a friend. All the same Mirasol Sampa yarns.




These two are simple single crochet:


This one I alternated single with half double for a little design:


This is a single crochet but only grabbing the front of the "V"s instead of both of them. This creates a line or ridge in your project. I have found it also allows the fiber more give, more stretch.

I did a little edging on this one.

I would have made them frillier - putting picot and shells around the edges, which I was dying to do but they are for a guy so I had to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment