Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lil' Kerchief

I set out to make a beanie/skully for a young daughter of a friend of mine but the yarn I had did not work with the pattern very well so I knitted a little kerchief for her instead.





The pattern was straightforward, from Debbie Stoller's first Stitch'n Bitch book. I wanted to girlie up the edges so I did a crochet picot around the sides. It amazes me what a difference a little decorative edging makes.

Sans picot:


Avec picot:


I debated on using the picot across the top as well but it didn't seem like the right thing to do so I decided against it.

I used Blue Sky Alpaca's Silk which is 50% alpaca and 50% silk. Very nice drape and indeed silky to the touch. Color is Guava #145.

Kerchiefs are so darn cute. I hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment