Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bebeh Hat!

Stuffie kitty will have to demonstrate. I think square hats are so cute. Oh baby is going to look so adorable in this!!

I love these colors. Mirasol Cotanani 60% Cotton/40% Merino Wool. Lovely yarn to work with. I made this baby hat for my good friend's little boy. I followed the "Dots" pattern in "Itty Bitty Hats" by Susan B. Anderson but I did a little improvising and made stripes. I did this on straight needles and then stitched up the seams on the sides. I have learned a lot from this little hat. I will never make a square hat this way again - next time I will make it in the round. That way the only seam to stitch is the crown. Much easier and possibly more comfortable to the wearer.

I even like the WS, which I usually don't like that first row where the next color is added on. I think it is because these colors are so beautiful together. There are 4 different colors I chose.

The edge is seed stitch, which i so much love.

Beautiful colors!! Have I mentioned how beautiful the colors are? Have I? Have I??

BTW, I also saw in the bookstore Susan B. Anderson's other book, "Itty-Bitty Nursery", and oh lordie there are so many adorable patterns in it that I nearly keeled over.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete